Students who are admitted to the history department's honors program must:
- take a minimum of 33 credits in history
- maintain a minimum 3.300 cumulative and 3.500 major GPA.
- complete the Honors seminar (HIST-K 392) in place of J400 and J425.
- write a senior-year honors thesis with oral defense (K499, 6 cr.) or an honors paper (K498, 3 cr.)
- earn a minimum A– in all completed history honors courses
Application process (spring semester of sophomore or junior year)
- Submit transcripts and a writing sample.
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation from a member of the History Department faculty.