- Kalani Craig visited Baylor University on Feb 24 and 25 for a series of talks and meetings designed to help Baylor foster successful digital-humanities teaching and research at the undergraduate, graduate and faculty levels. The visit was organized in part by IU History PhD alumna Lauren Miller Poor and was co-sponsored by the College of Arts & Sciences, the Academy for Teaching and Learning, and the University Libraries. One talk on "The Human Element in the Digital Humanities: The Role of Fear and Failure in Successful DH Research” was accompanied by a teaching workshop entitled "The Classroom Component of Digital Humanities: Low-Tech Methods for High-Impact DH Pedagogy”.
- On March 9, Janine Giordano Drake will give a talk, sponsored by the Indiana Women’s Suffrage Centennial, “The Other Sufragettes: Rethinking Narratives in the History of Women’s Suffrage,” at Anderson University (Indiana).
- Ph.D. candidate Ufuk Erol received a COAS Dissertation Research Fellowship for 2020-2021.
- Graduate Student Hannah Malcolm presented her paper "A Vandal Archivist: Joseph Prunis's Revolutionary Career" at the Consortium for the Revolutionary Era on Saturday, February 29th.
- Alexandra Tipei, 2016 Ph.D. in Modern (Western) and East European History, has accepted a tenure-track job at the University of Montreal beginning Fall 2020.